Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oscar Goodies

The hubby and I had our third annual Oscar bash this year, and the cuisine, IMO, was our best yet. Instead of breaking the bank on heaps of ingredients, we offer candy and snacks themed around the Best Picture nominees. While there were surely no complaints, I think I can safely say that no one enjoyed eating these babies as much as I enjoyed prepping and serving them. Behold:









And now for the wide shot (The Sour Patch "Kids" and "Grit" Cakes went fast!)


A big thanks to Ms. Jess White for her lovely photography.

6 comments:

Nicole Hofmann said...

This is adorable and awesome! I love themed parties and snacks. Great job. :)

Kurtis O said...

Thanks!

Janice said...

Very cool! (Nathaniel Rogers linked to this, btw, which is what got me here.) I confess to not having seen a single one of these films EXCEPT The Kids are Alright, but I "got" most of the references (thanks to your handy signs of course). It took a moment for the "zuckerburgers" to sink in *lol*. I'm not sure why the candy hearts for TKS (I probably need to have seen the film), but my favorite is easily the little signs on the "Black Swan" peeps. I just want to gobble one of those up.

tinseltine.com said...

Truly inspired! Particularly love the Black Swans.

Kurtis O said...

@ Janice: TKS was a tough one. We decided to simply go with the idea that the hearts WERE the king's speech, i.e. his speech would be comprised of "Be Mine," "Too Cute," "Call Me" and "All Yours." Teeheehee. I threw a heart in as the apostrophe just to seal the deal. A stretch perhaps, but a fun one.

Thanks for the comments, folks. Please keep reading!

Luis said...

Wow What an incredible and artistic idea..kudos!!!