Monday, March 28, 2011

'Crimes of the Heart' in Three Acts

It's been nearly two weeks since I offered a post at The Film Experience on Bruce Beresford's 1986 adaptation of Beth Henley's "Crimes of the Heart." But no worries -- if the terrible taste of this film's setting can still enthrall after all these years, there's certainly no risk of my little article going out of style.

"Crimes of the Heart" turns 25 this December. I was turned on to it after seeing a rendition of the play at Princeton's McCarter Theatre. A Google search revealed I could watch the entire movie for free on YouTube. Ergo, I took in the stage interpretation, the screen interpretation, then offered an interpretation of my own -- in three acts, I spent a good chunk of time with this work.

Head on over to The Film Experience to read the article, a wee celebration of actresses and tackiness. CLICK HERE.

No comments: