Thursday, March 25, 2010

'City Island' Review

Truth be told, I was rather tough on this film. And, a few of the sentences I used to lighten the critical load in my review were cut from the final product (alas, a peril of the trade). But just before seeing "City Island," I received a mass email from writer/director Raymond De Felitta discussing how he wanted to shed some light on the oft-unexplored neighborhood of the title. Sorry, Ray, but I didn't get that while watching the movie.


What I did get was an overall well-acted and intermittently funny, but ultimately manic extended sitcom with a mood disorder. That's not to say I didn't kinda like it, but I definitely didn't like all the directions in which it tried to pull me. Enough jabbering. Please read my full review, now online at SouthPhillyReview.com. CLICK HERE. Go! It's worth the click! I promise!

No comments: