Thursday, February 21, 2008

Gold Rush, Part III

OSCAR COVERAGE 2008
WINNER PREDICTIONS

It's three days before the big show, and it's high time to announce my predictions for who the victors will be at this year's (unstoppable) Academy Awards. Jon Stewart will host the ABC telecast once again, and I'll be glued to one of the very few TV programs for which I actually block out time.


An entertainment publication that trickles through a string of six newspapers was kind enough to publish my thoughts and opinions on the Oscars this year, so I won't be re-posting them here. Instead, follow this link to read my predictions for the winners in the top six categories:

Nothing Stops OSCAR!

In the meantime, here are my my fearless predictions in all of the other categories (Disclaimer: the picks for Documentary Short Subject, Live Action Short, and Animated Short are all long-shot - albeit, educated - guesses).

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Juno
ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: No Country for Old Men
ANIMATED FEATURE: Ratatouille
DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: No End in Sight
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: The Counterfeiters (Austria)
CINEMATOGRAPHY: No Country for Old Men
ART DIRECTION: Atonement
COSTUME DESIGN: Atonement
MAKEUP: La Vie en Rose
VISUAL EFFECTS:
Tranformers
FILM EDITING: No Country for Old Men –or- The Bourne Ultimatum
SOUND EDITING: No Country for Old Men
SOUND MIXING: Transformers
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SCORE):
Atonement
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SONG): “Falling Slowly”, Once
DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT:
Freeheld
LIVE ACTION SHORT: At Night
ANIMATED SHORT:
I Met the Walrus


So grab your pen and paper, fill out your ballots, and when the chumps at the office ask you how you did so well in the company Oscar pool, tell them you turned to Your trusty Movie Buddy.

No comments: