Monday, February 4, 2008

Starlets and Sugarplums

For Christmas, I was gifted a subscription to Vanity Fair, a magazine I love in large part due to its always stunning photography, both on the cover and within. Undoubtedly, the best annual example of such is VF's Hollywood Issue, the 2006 installment of which this blog covered somewhat at length not long ago. Each year, photographer extraordinairre Annie Leibovitz and her constituents deliver an incredible fold-out cover and content photos to match. Recently, this year's cover shot was unveiled:


In pastel hues of pink, peach and white from Dior by John Galliano, it features an elegant group of ten of today's most promising young actresses. Behold, from left: Emily Blunt, Amy Adams, Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway, Alice Braga, Ellen Page, Zoe Saldana, Elizabeth Banks, Ginnifer Goodwin, and America Fererra.

The first issue of my subscription arrived in the mail today. I almost gasped when I saw it was the one with Harrison Ford and Shia LeBouf on the cover, which has been on stands for weeks. This issue, which I'm proud to say is a big part of my year, had better be quick to follow.

No comments: