Thursday, May 7, 2009

Obsessed

Forget about the unfortunately de-clawed cinematic cat fight between Beyonce and that chick from "Heroes." Instead, take in a few of YourMovieBuddy's current pop culture obsessions. What, you thought I only watched films?


Bethenny from "The Real Housewives of New York City." So what if her and Jill's season finale spat turned out to be a dud? This outspoken Skinny Girl is still quite possibly my favorite reality personality EVER. Dear Bethenny, Please be my friend. Love, Kurtis.

The 2009 TONY nominations. I really just skim these to see which film stars I recognize, so you know I hit the brakes when I saw the quadruple noms for "God of Carnage." Can't wait to see this one when it makes its inevitable trip to screen.

"Drag Me to Hell." For months, I've thought this new flick from Sam Raimi looked and sounded like bulls**t. Then, I watched the trailer. Looks like the most entertaining horror flick since Zack Snyder's "Dawn of the Dead." And Raimi needs redemption after Spider-Man 3.

Zachary Quinto in "Star Trek." Speaking of "Heroes" stars, wait until you see this soon-to-be-superstar in J. J. Abrams's fantastic new flick. The physical likeness almost instantly becomes secondary to the actor's near-brilliant performace. Could easily end up being one of my favorite perfs of the year.

Oh, and this video:

No comments: