Friday, August 8, 2008

When I Am 80 Years Old...

...will Saw LXI (61) be hitting movie theaters? Will they have been able to come up with new ways to kill people 61 years in a row? The most astonishing thing about the Saw franchise is their makers' ability to crank out a feature-length entry on an annual basis. This Halloween, Saw V will be released. It's safe to say that they're working on number six as we speak.


I've only seen the first two Saw films, fairly convinced after the second round that I'd gotten all I cared to get out of the series. But they keep on coming, more quickly and assuredly than probably any other horror franchise in history. They have yet to be the films with the most titles but given their current momentum, it won't be long at all. Here's the trailer for the new one, which apparently stars Elisha Cuthbert. Perhaps when I'm pushing 45, the latest Saw will be starring Vivienne Jolie-Pitt.

No comments: