Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fright Fest

One of my many journalistic responsibilities outside the realm of film criticism involves asking a bunch of strangers a weekly survey question. In honor of Halloween, this week I asked, "What's your favorite scary movie?"

I wasn't to keen on the answers I received. To make up for it, and since I'm in the mood for a list anyway, here are some of my own personal favorites, in no particular order:


* The Descent
* Dawn of the Dead (2004)
* The Exorcist
* The Ring
* The Others
* Scream
* Rosemary's Baby
* The Shining
* Alien

A bunch of rather obvious choices, I know, but hey -- horror ain't exactly my genre of choice. What about you? What's your favorite adrenaline-pumper? (And please don't say "Eye of the Needle," which was one of my interviewees' responses. I looked it up, and apparently it's a 1981 German war thriller with Donald Sutherland. Weird.)

No comments: